Nov 29, 2011

Winter Reading List (Top Ten Tuesdays)


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Click the picture to visit them!

Top Ten Books On My TBR List For Winter
Hmm...well at the beginning of this month I started using Goodreads so now my to-read list is a giant swarm of pretty book covers. At last count it was also 351 books! So I'm defining Winter as books coming out in December, January, or February that I want to read.

1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - 1/10/12
John Green does contemporary from guys' perspectives so well they read like classics. The good kinds of classics that you aren't being forced to read! If you saw my last Top Ten, you know I'm Internet-stalking John Green so I know when he comes within a 2-state radius.

2. Larkstorm by Dawn Rae Miller - 12/5/11
I love that cover illustration! The summary of this one is mildy interesting, until you get to the last paragraph and it says she has to kill the guy before he kills her. NOW I'm interested!

3. Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder - 12/20/11
Maria V. Snyder's fantasy worlds never fail to suck me in. The Study series and the Glass series are some of my favorite books, and I don't know what to call the series with Inside Out and Outside In, but I like that one too!


4. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith - 1/2/12
So, I'm an art student. I just can't help but judge books by their covers, and I love this one. I'm a big fan of quirky contemporaries, especially if they involve love. Kinda like Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, this one sounds like a strange yet awesome story of 2 people over a really short amount of time.

5. Ditched: A Love Story by Robin Mellom - 1/10/12
It's a story about being ditched at Prom and figuring out why. The summary mentions a 3-legged chihuahua, a thrift store dress, and an "incident in the tattoo parlor". I don't know how those things add up to being ditched at Prom, but I know that I want to find out.

6. Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout - 12/6/11
I am not a fan of this cover at all, the hot angry people are staring at me at it creeps me out. But I think the description sounds pretty interesting. Any description that uses the word "stab-worthy" is good with me.

7. Someone Else's Life by Katie Dale - 2/14/12
Once again, the cover really catches my eye every time I see it. This sounds like an emotional contemporary and any book with a trip makes me happy. Plus this trip is with an ex-boyfriend, so double the interesting.

8. The Butterfly Clues by Kate Ellison - 2/14/12
Really liking the thrillers and mysteries lately. This one involves a street artist and a brother's death, so I'm in.

9. Partials by Dan Wells - 2/28/12
As always, I really enjoy dystopians. And this one involves weaponized diseases. In real life, this would be anything but exciting, but I love the idea for books.

10. Unraveling Isobel by Eileen Cook - 1/3/12
An artsy type seeing ghosts? Yes, please. This one sounds creepy AND funny.






3 comments:

  1. Yay for John Green. That's probably the book I'm the most excited for 2012! I love the first two chapters. Can't wait for more!
    Em
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, love the cover for The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight; I can't wait to read it. And good job adding Someone Else's Life. I hadn't looked at it closely until now, and it sounds like it's got potential. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I think I'm going to check out some of your titles as well =)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love :D