Feb 19, 2011

I Am Number Four (Movie)


Nine of us came here. We look like you. We talk like you. We live among you. But we are not you. We can do things you dream of doing. We have powers you dream of having. We are stronger and faster than anything you have ever seen. We are the superheroes you worship in movies and comic books—but we are real.

Our plan was to grow, and train, and become strong, and become one, and fight them. But they found us and started hunting us first. Now all of us are running. Spending our lives in shadows, in places where no one would look, blending in. we have lived among you without you knowing.
But they know.

They caught Number One in Malaysia.

Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They killed them all.
I am Number Four.
I am next.

So I haven't read this book. Honestly the whole aliens among us thing didn't interest me. Then I saw the movie previews. Long story short: I saw it yesterday, the day it came out and now I really want to read the book. 


Reasons I love this movie:
  • Action. I'm a sucker for action- fight scenes, explosions, some superpowers thrown in- this movie has it all. 
  • Sam is hilarious! If the plot hadn't been so fast-paced he would have stolen the show. And he's only 15! Look him up, his name's Callan McAuliffe.
  • Number 6 (Teresa Palmer) can kick some serious butt. Yeah, she's a confident girl wearing a tight outfit, but she's not over-the-top ridiculous. She's focused on fighting and surviving. 
  • Number 4's guardians. Henri (Timothy Olyphant) is so funny when he's lecturing 4 on blending in- they have a good movie chemistry. And the shapeshifting dog is adorable. 
  • Shirtless Alex Pettyfer is not hard on the eyes. Nor is fully clothed Alex Pettyfer obviously. Between this and Beastly he's selling me on books I wasn't interested in before. 
Huh, what?:
  • The Mogadorians. Are these guys supposed to be funny or intimidating? They look silly and their dialogue is even sillier. I mean, if I saw something like that in real life I'd be concerned, but this is the movies so you have to ramp it up. 
  • Sarah (Dianna Agron of Glee fame). I like her character and the connection with Number 4, but the movie had her showing up just in time to be the pretty face whenever something dangerous happened. All she got to do was run while Number 6 took care of being the tough girl in the room.
  • I read a plot summary that says they can only be killed in order. Ok...is this evident in the book? The movie did not communicate that to me at all. I figured they were just unimaginative villans.  
Is this the end?:
  • Nope, I'm getting my hands on this book so I can compare. I usually like the book better anyways.
  • With The Power of Six coming out later this year, it's obviously just the beginning. James Frey knows what he's doing and how to make money.

Great movie, very entertaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love :D