Feb 23, 2011

Jealousy




Jealousy by Lili St. Crow
(Book 3 of the Strange Angels series)
Published: July 29, 2010 by Razorbill

It's a good thing Dru Anderson is fast. Because the sucker chasing her isn't slowing down—and he won't rest until he has tasted her blood and silenced her heart . . .
Dru's best friend, Graves, and her strange and handsome savior, Christophe, are ready to help her take on the ultimate evil. But will their battle for Dru's heart get in the way of her survival?

   This is a really entertaining and fun series to read. There's just enough humor mixed in with the action and drama to keep it light. Plus there's every kind of paranormal creature you could want.

Reasons I love this book:
  • This is an action love triangle story. As in, Dru's more concerned with surviving and kicking bad guy butt than with who might want to kiss her. 
  • Dru has some serious moves even though she's still learning how to fight and what it means to be svetocha.
  • Graves. I am 100% Team Graves. Can't the wolf get the girl for once? (And, no, Shiver doesn't count because it doesn't also have vampires.)
Huh, what?:
  • Flashbacks. I know they're necessary and fill in a lot of info about Dru's past, but they are a little long.
  • The Schola. My favorite of this series is the 1st book, Strange Angels, because it was so unique. I don't want this series to fall into that paranormal teen at boarding school trend.
  • Plot, because what happened in this book besides Anna? It kinda feels like a transition, a place holder until something big happens. 
Is this the end?:
  • No, book 4, Defiance, comes out April 19th. I'm planning on reading it, but book 4 of a series is usually where I lose interest. Typically book 4 signifies that the series is gonna be never-ending. 
Favorite Quotes:
  • Silence. They all kept giving each other little sideways glances. Telling glances, only I had no idea what they were saying. You could cut the silence with a cheap cafeteria spork.        pg. 35
  • "You had everyone clear the room twice now because you thought I'd be easy. You came creeping by my door when you thought I was asleep. Coward."        pg. 170


Really good series!

Acquired: Bought



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love :D