Feb 15, 2011

The Iron Queen




   
The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
(Book 3 of The Iron Fey series) 
Published: January 25, 2011 by Harlequin Teen

My name is Meghan Chase.
I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.
This time, there will be no turning back.



     If you haven't read this series yet I HIGHLY recommend it. I've been devouring these books since the 1st page of the 1st book, The Iron King. 

Reasons I love this book:
  • Meghan is a fierce, stubborn, and determined main character and she's not afraid to do her share of the fighting.
  • There are 2 hot guys literally fighting over her and she's more concerned with saving Faery. Have I mentioned how much I love this heroine?
  • The balance of romance and intense war scenes is perfect.
  • Those war scenes? Like watching a movie in my head.
  • Razor is adorable and reminded me of Dobby (from Harry Potter, although you should totally know that).
Is this the end:
  • It better not be! The ending had me tearing up and that's only ever happened once before (in relation to Dobby ironically). 
  • I am BURSTING to talk to someone about this ending. It's not your typical happily ever after.
  • This is the kind of book where I'm so hooked, but I'm wary of the number of pages between me and the back cover winding down.
  • I want The Iron Knight right now. It's gonna be a very entertaining book, and I bet anyone who has read The Iron Queen already knows why. 
Favorite Quotes:
  • I felt his claws strike my armor, and then a blinding pain as they sliced through the scales like paper, cutting into my arm.      pg. 321
  • "And I swear, if there is a way for us to be together, I will find it. No matter how long it takes. If I have to chase your soul to the ends of eternity, I won't stop until I find you, I promise."    pg. 338


Awesome! Read it now.

Acquired: Bought

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love :D