Oct 25, 2011

Halloween Books (Top Ten Tuesday)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Click the picture to visit them!

Top Ten Books to Read During Halloween


Halloween is in a week! I have nowhere to go so I'm not dressing up, but last year I was a Transformer - a costume I made out of cardboard boxes and spray paint. Anyone have any awesome costumes to share? Bonus points for book-related costumes!



1. Nevermore by Kelly Creagh
This book is a crazy (in a good way) mix of Edgar Allen Poe and a sweet love story with a twist. It has the perfect eerie mood for Halloween.


 2. The Body Finder by Kimberley Derting
I'd say that a main character who has strange abilities to track down dead bodies is a good fit for Halloween, wouldn't you? 


3. Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston
Not only does this book deal with some pretty nasty fairies, the plot involves stopping the opening of the Samhain Gate on Halloween, which was once known as Samhain. 
No review, but you can get this book for less than $4 if you click on the picture!


4. Devil's Kiss by Sarwhat Chadda
There are tons of different baddies in this book, and thankfully tons of action to go with it. Our heroine Billi kicks butt while dealing with exorcisms, vampires, and fallen angels. Don't let any of those creatures make you think it's anything like the overdone typical YA paranormal love story though. This book is in a whole different category and I really need to get my hands on the sequel. 

5. Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender
This book has possessions, a ghost bent on revenge, and creepy dolls. Don't let the cover fool you, this book is pretty creepy and it's one of my favorite ghost stories. Although I will admit that I don't really seek them out too often. 


6. Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce
I included this one in last week's Top Ten for it's awesome cover, and the glaring werewolf is just a hint of what's inside. Sister's Red is a twisted adventure based on Little Red Riding Hood and full of butt-kicking, some gore, and the paranormal.


 
7. Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow
Even though this was the only book I really enjoyed in the Strange Angels series, it's worth reading. This 1st book is exciting and has Dru facing off against the zombie version of her father, as well as tangling with vampires and werewolves. 


8. Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane
This one isn't YA, but it is awesome.  I absolutely loved the book, and that may be why I thought the movie was a little weak. Not that Leo DiCaprio isn't cool, but the book packed more of a punch for me. Anyways, mysterious disappearance from a psych ward for the criminally insane on an isolated island? Perfect spooky story. Throw in some questionable experiments and a narrator who may not be all there himself and you've got one heck of a book.

And some I haven't read yet:


9. Hollowland by Amanda Hocking
I just downloaded this one to read on my computer and I have high hopes that it's the kind of zombie book I've been looking for ever since my disappointment with The Forest of Hands and Teeth series. I want more action and less love triangle!
This one's available for Kindle for $1, just click the picture. 


10. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
So, a male main character who is a ghost hunter vs. a killer ghost sounds good enough to begin with, but I've also been reading rave reviews of this one all over the blogosphere and can't wait to read it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love :D