Nov 9, 2011

Uncomfortable Books (Top Ten (Five!) Tuesday (On Wednesday!))

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Click the picture to visit them!

Top Ten Five Books Out of my Comfort Zone

These are the top 5 books I have read that were out of my comfort zone. There are only ten because apparently I don't read outside of my comfort zone too often. But hey, I know what I like!


1. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon
Liked it. First of all, my aunt gave me this book so I was hesitant to begin with. My aunt has pretty good taste in books (she gave my The Phantom Tollbooth too), but giving me a book I haven't told you I want is like taking your life in your hands. It's scary. Plus it wasn't really a YA book and it wasn't a book I would have chosen for myself.


2. Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
Loved it. So when I bought this one, it didn't have this pretty cover with all the green details. It also lived in the regular Fiction section of the bookstore instead of the YA shelves. Really I don't see why it isn't shelved as YA. The only weird things in here were the torture scenes. And Valek :)


3. I Am American And So Can You! by Stephen Colbert
Liked it. It's non-fiction, enough said. I don't even watch the Colbert Report (which I recently learned is not even pronounced with the 't' sound on report). It was my brother's book and my brother reads books only if the author died a really long time ago (aka: the classics I find boring and only read if forced for school. And sometimes not even then.), and it's basically a comedic rant about a bunch of topics I don't have a specific interest in.


4. Ready or Not by Meg Cabot (sequel to All American Girl)
Hated it. Noooo Meg Cabot noooo. Why? I had no idea this one was going to be uncomfortable and then it ended up being all about sex. It just...nooooo. Creeeeepy things. 


5. Soulless by Gail Carriger
Loved it. Another non-YA book so I was a little wary at first. It runs rampant with paranormal creatures. The first book since that one book (you can probably guess which one) involving both vampires and werewolves that I wanted to read. A book that doesn't take itself too seriously. I highly recommend this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love :D